British Journal of Midwifery, Vol. 20, Iss. 7, 02 Jul 2012, pp 516 - 520
Higher education institutions and the NHS both face a number of major challenges. This paper provides an overview of some of the key contemporary publications that will have an impact on the UK university system in the coming months, and attempts to clarify their potential and real effect on the future of midwifery education and the ongoing development of midwifery curriculum.
There is a very real risk that recent government proposals for future higher education funding in conjunction with their major reconfiguration of the NHS will both fragment and destabilise existing university education systems. Money is tight, and will become tighter, making the task of meeting the demands of midwifery stakeholders, while not compromising on the quality of the midwifery student experience, even harder for educators.
Women and their partners deserve a safe transition to parenthood and a positive and life-enhancing experience of UK maternity services-in the coming months midwifery curricula will be judged on their ability to facilitate this.
Why purchase a paper only subscription?
- Read high quality peer-reviewed articles such as this and many more covering all aspects of midwifery in a way which is clear, easy-to-read and useful to your daily practice.
- British Journal of Midwifery contains the best clinical reviews, original research and evidence-based articles available and ensures that all midwives working or with an interest in midwifery are kept fully up to date with the latest developments taking place in clinical practice.
- Get British Journal of Midwifery delivered regularly to your door, subscribe online now and receive an exclusive discount on your subscription!
Alternatively, download this article now!
The full-text of this article is available to download at www.intermid.co.uk.
intermid.co.uk is the UK’s largest archive of midwifery articles containing the online archives of British Journal of Midwifery and African Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health.
- Subscribe to intermid.co.uk
Subscribe to intermid and take full advantage of the complete intermid archive including British Journal of Midwifery for a year
- 24 hour access to intermid.co.uk
Take out our 24 hour access to the entire intermid archive including British Journal of Midwifery for a day
- Simply purchase this article